- ‘Coz his voice is the closest to Divinity a human get!
- ‘Coz it’s impossible to classify his music into a Genre. (Blues / Rock / Jazz / Rock ‘N Roll / Country .. What??)
- ‘Coz even though I know as much about Guitaring as Rocket-science, his guitar solos make my fingers move as if I’m a PRO!!
- ‘Coz he is “The MAN” behind Dire Straits!
- ‘Coz the way he sings is so conversational – almost like he’s talking to you!
- ‘Coz even the most stone-hearted of men can turn into Peace-propagators after following the lyrics to “Brothers in Arms.”
- ‘Coz if I recommend “Romeo & Juliet” to anyone (who hasn’t heard it!), the person invariably comes back to me saying its “one of the most amazing song he / she has ever heard!” — and my taste in music is appreciated in the bargain!
- ‘Coz “Sultans of Swing” (The “LIVE”Alchemy version) works better than any analgesic I’ve ever had!
- ‘Coz the 20-second guitar bit in “Boom, Like that!” (from his new album, Shangri-La) gets me on an instant high!
- ‘Coz “Money for Nothing” revolutionized the whole concept of Music Videos (and Music Videos with animation!) back in the mid-80s!
Money for Nothing – Enjoy — The lyrics follow the video! 🙂
Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it You play the guitar on the MTV That ain't workin' that's the way you do it Money for nothin' and chicks for free Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it Lemme tell ya them guys ain't dumb Maybe get a blister on your little finger Maybe get a blister on your thumb A: We gotta install microwave ovesns Custom kitchens deliveries We gotta move these refrigerators We gotta move these colour TV's See the little faggot with the earring and the makeup Yeah buddy that's his own hair That little faggot got his own jet airplane That little faggot he's a millionaire (Repeat A:) I shoulda learned to play the guitar I shoulda learned to play them drums Look at that mama, she got it stickin' in the camera Man we could have some fun And he's up there, what's that? Hawaiian noises? Bangin' on the bongoes like a chimpanzee That ain't workin' that's the way you do it Get your money for nothin' get your chicks for free (Repeat - A:) Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it You play the guitar on the MTV That ain't workin' that's the way you do it Money for nothin' and your chicks for free Money for nothin' and chicks for free
“Money for Nothing” won the Grammy for the Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with a Vocal in 1985 at the 28th annual Grammy Awards.