Along with a friend-colleague from work, I was recently at the Sardar VallabhBhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat to take a presentation / Guest Lecture for engineeirng students. It was a part of their annual ENtrepreneurship-centric fest – Entru-Meet 2008. The session was followed by a Q & A Session and we had a nice time wriggling our way through – I don’t think we did too bad a job int he end.
I have visited quite a number of engineering colleges in these last few months – all for different reasons and all in different regions – I went to
- Academy of Technology to take a session on “Communication Skills”
- BIT Sindri to conduct a Business Quiz
- and now, SV-NIT to take a session / talk on working for start-ups.
It was my first visit to the State of Gujarat and following were the “Learning Outcomes”:
- On this “maiden” visit to Gujarat, I realized that people need to be sensitized about the use of helmets in the region. I did not see a SINGLE (really.. not even ONE!) person riding a two-wheeler with a helmet on – Of course, no one catches them! 😛
- Also, thanks to buying some stuff for mom from the famous Surat Saree Market, I now know the difference between the following types of Sarees – Chiffon, Georgette and Silk. Further, I figured that women who want to “look slim” can go in for Georgette Sarees, while those who want to “show-off” an hour-glass figure would rather opt for lighter synthetic sarees – I now realize that I know a little more about Sarees.. 😉
- My “junkie” friend (a resident of Baroda) told me that Baroda has the most “in” crowd so we concluded that Baroda has the highest “Dude” Quotient (DQ) among all cities in Gujarat!
On a more serious note, here’s the presentation that accompanied Shrey and myself during the talk – It has been edited to remove contact details but by and large this was it –>