- Term 1 has ended.
- Term 1 is over.
- Term 1 is finally over!
In how many more ways could I say it? .. Most of my batchmates would concur that it sounds as sweet no matter how many times you say those words. We had all heard a lot about the first term (or two) in a B-school being extremely hectic and all that jazz – but going through it still leaves u sapped in the end, regardless of how ‘prepared’ you are from all the hulabaloo.
Term 1 started and ended like a storm and all my batchmates can manage right now is bouts of waking up between non-stop sleep (it was quit the reverse, otherwise!). Among the many things that happened (to / with me) in Term 1, the most significant ones are as follows:
- Selected to judge an event at Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University (RMNLU) – My association with law schools continues! .. They were REALLY good.. Some really talented chaps!
- Made it to the Alumni Committee
- Got shortlisted for the Aditya Birla Scholarship (didnt make it in the end!)
- Appeared on the front page oh HT – an article featuring diverse profiles of students @ IIM L
- Performed on stage a couple of times (Surprisingly, our batch has amazing drummers – a rarity on B-school campuses, usually). I sing now!
- Contested student council elections and lost narrowly – lost nonetheless!
- Met some great people (& I continue doing that – we have a batch of 340!)
- Saw Pt. Vishwa Mohan Bhatt perform LIVE – he came on campus.
- Enjoyed “lakhnawi” cuisine – Dastaar Khwan, Tunde Kebabs and Idris ki Biryani – have written about some, will write about Tunde!
THE NEXT ONE WEEK..
Mum’s down on campus. We’re heading to Rudrapur from here for a couple of days – reatives. And from there we ‘head to the hills’ – Nainital, Kasauni and Binsar! – Pics & Travel reviews shall follow!
THE NEXT 3 MONTHS..
The Grind. This time faster and more furious – The Second Term! 😀