Last evening I was invited to attend an event on “B2B Marketing”: Innovative Series – organized by IAMAI (Internet and Mobile Association of India) and LinkedIn India at the ITC Grand Central in Mumbai.
While it led to some interesting insights, I figured that there were a few ways to engage consumers in a B2C environment as well – especially if you are into ‘concept selling’ or marketing to Ultra-HNIs. Since these are more ‘influence’-based purchase decsions and typically have longer sales cycles (longer information search periods from a consumer behaviour perspective), B2B marketing principles could be applied here as well.
Gyan apart, a couple of interesting facts were pointed out by Mr. Hari Krishnan, Country Manager, LinkedIn India:
- The US B2B Market is 129 Billion USD in Size; Out of which 8 Billion USD (6%) is conducted online
- The Indian B2B Market is 1 Billion USD in Size – Roughly INR 4500 Crores – We didn’t have an accurate statistic about the share of the pie from the Online space here
- LinkedIn has a total of 11 Million Indian members – that’s approximately 1.1 Crore indians on LinkedIn!
- Tata has come out with a new portal http://www.tatab2b.com – catering to the SME segment
- The Cluetrain Manifesto is an interesting book which came out way back in early 2000 about “conversations” that will start happening on the internet!